Outdated SSL Certificate for https://www.gnucash.org

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 04:24:50 EDT 2016

On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 07:20:27 +0000, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Xavier Lagraula <detunizedgravity at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue here is that, given how the site is configured, modern browsers
> will not allow the user to set an exception on the invalid certificate. In
> my case, for example, I am completely unable to access the pages behind
> HTTPS. I don't know if I could reconfigure my browsers unsafely to make it
> work, but I do not want to anyway.

The problem is that you believe your modern browser (you don't say which
one it is) more than yourself.

Those of us that have been around for a few years no how to fix *that*
problem, produce a browser without security or only perceived necessary
security and see what happens.

FYI, my modern browser (and I expect the vast majority in use around the
world) does allow me to override the bum certificate because I, as an
individual, am sure about what I am doing.

If you are uncertain that is different to your browser being uncertain.

--
Wm