How to invoke credit card account transaction download?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sun May 1 12:04:27 EDT 2016

On 4/30/2016 3:33 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> On 2/14/2016 3:26 PM, Ed Fields wrote:
>>     - I have a credit card account in gnuCash which I have been manually
>>     maintaining for several months.
>>     - I now wish to move to the next level by having gnuCash get
>> transaction
>>     data for me. m

It is extremely unlikely that the data on a credit card statement would
be sufficient to assign transactions to the proper account. I say that
because the information is generally insufficient even for a human to do
that. Usually just the VENDOR is specified, not what the payment was
for. ROFLOL, when doing the books for those of my one of my orgs that
have organizational credit cards I am frequently sending emails to the
people who used their cards  asking "what was THAT charge for?" << in
some cases I can assign the proper expense account just knowing the
vendor but in most cases not so >>

Michael D Novack