Is there a way to "Clear all contents/delete all transactions" for a fresh start?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Thu Nov 3 16:39:31 EDT 2016

> The problem is that GnuCash isn't a native MacOS program, it's a Gtk+ program ported to run on Macs. It doesn't know how to interpret the notification from MacOS telling it what file to open so it just tries to open the file that it had open the last time it was run.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
Sort of. You have opened gnucash "with" that file BUT the default
setting for gnucash is "open last used file". Tell us what happens if
you override that with "nofile" << how I run gnucash as low probability
the last set of books I was working on the next set I want open* >> That
will let you choose the file you want from the last used list (or
specify some other entirely different file)

Michael D Novack

* That would only happen if the bookkeeping session for one of my
organizations had to be interrupted part way through and I was resuming
that instead of doing the next organization's books.