Any suggestions for UK businesses - program seems quite American

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Nov 26 10:54:06 EST 2016

Dave,

A short comment about creating reports using GnuCash. I manage a US trust
for my deceased parents, and the legal reporting requirements for quarterly
and annual accounting reports (receipts, disbursements, gains and losses)
is very different than the business reports (income statement, balances
sheet) provided by Gnucash. My trust attorney could not make heads or tails
of the income sheet/balance sheet! However, I can export ***transaction
reports*** for any set of accounts, import into LibreOffice Calc, and
create a pretty report in just the right format without a lot of issues. My
trust attorney is very happy with these reports.

Once you get the format of reports for your accountant set up correctly,
you can try your hand at some guile programming to make the reports print
at the touch of a button! I haven't tried this part of the exercise because
I have become quite adept at the GnuCash to Calc process, but it is on my
to do list.

Mark