Invoice Printing

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Wed Oct 26 18:18:00 EDT 2016

William.  People loose out everyday in money they might be entitled to
for the lack of documentation.  While 'saying so' might have some
merit.  It's just not enough for enforcement.  I often get mixed up on
who owes what and who has paid what.  I've caught myself drafting a
collection letter and found, while bringing up my accounting records to
include in the letter, I was mistaken.  In those circumstances had I not
respectfully documented performed sufficient accounting, it would have
been a burden in my mind thinking I was owed something that had been paid.

I find most people (the people I deal with) are basically honest and
will respect the paper trail.  Problems happen because just like I
forget some times, so do the customers.  If you go to them for money
without an invoice, they might pay you out of respect and to avoid
arguing and problems.  But they may feel sick also feeling they either
double paid, or paid for something that might not had been sufficiently
ordered or delivered.

The OP is right to try to get his paperwork in order.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames at apollo3.com