Gnucash crash

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:11:27 EDT 2016

Pedro Bastos das Neves wrote on Tuesday, 06 September, 2016 05:17 AM:
> After upgrade to Gnucash 2.6.12 after a upgrade from Slackware64 14.1 to
> Slackware 14.2 the programs crashes when trying to open my gnucash file.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I remember previous discussions about having to clear the 'guile cache' when upgrading from certain versions.

>From https://bugs.launchpad.net/getdeb.net/+bug/1389018
--------
It turns out this is due to a problem with Guile 2.0, and only affects folks upgrading from one version using Guile 2.0 to another version using Guile 2.0.

As seen in Debian Bug 764821 https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=764821 the workaround is to delete the guile cache directory.

rm -R ~/.cache/guile/ccache/