Colors managing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Sep 27 03:05:35 EDT 2016

> On Sep 27, 2016, at 4:47 AM, Игорь Обоймов via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> How can I change GnuCash windows colors? First of all interested in the
> possibility of changing the background colors of odd and even rows of
> tables.

> Best Regards!

In general colors are managed by gtk themes, so you'll want to study those. Remember that we're using Gtk2 so make sure to look at the right docs, it's very different in Gtk3 after 3.2.

The register sheet colors are defined in src/register/register-gnome/gnucash-sheet.c. It looks like there are 4 properties defined there, header_color, primary_color, secondary_color, and split_color that set the backgrounds for different parts of the sheet, so try modifying those in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.

You also need to select Prefefences>General>Don't use GnuCash built-in colors.

Regards,
John Ralls