Expense Bar Chart Report Errors

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Sep 28 02:54:38 EDT 2016

Hi David,

Nice catch!

I do consider this a bug. Gnucash should handle this situation more gracefully. There are several possible ways to do so though I can't analyse right now how difficult each way would be to code.

- ideally gnucash should just generate the report as requested: display the graph based on de entries in Expenses:Entertainment:Movies aggregated on Expenses:Entertainment
- if that's too complicated, it should at least return a better error message
- or prevent the user from making this combination of report settings

Regards,
Geert