Is there any limit on what I can put in the Customer notes field?

David Goodenough david.goodenough at linkchoose.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 16:01:25 EDT 2016

I need to stash some additional information in the GnuCash dataset (typically
I am using XML for the moment) for each customer.  I suppose I could keep it
entirely separate and key it off the UUID for each customer (which I take to be
stable) but I would rather keep it with each Customer if I can.

The notes field is an obvious choice, but I do not want to cause problems
either by putting too much data in there, or if there is content that will
cause problems.  I realize that through the GnuCash program I can edit the
data, but that is not my intent and I am the user so I will resist the
temptation.  I would want to update it through the API.

David