Serious Investment management in GC ?

Andrew Gross aegross at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:17:52 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:01 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you have something particular in mind?

The thing that concerns me is that every stock is supposed to have its own
set of account.  That could be hundreds of accounts. I manage my own
portfolio plus another family member.  The thought of having multiple
accounts for each stock (acct needed for capital gains, dividends, and an
expense account -- 3 accounts per stock -- per my understanding of
file://localhost/Applications/Gnucash/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Gnucash%20Guide/invest_accounts1.html)
I find mind-boggling and I have to question whether it makes more sense to
get something like MoneyDance or iBank that can automate most of this.

Andrew Gross