Gnucash not using DTUSER in OFX imports

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 12:16:40 EDT 2017

I am downloading from Capital One my credit card transactions. I have discovered that their MS Money download includes not only the DTPOSTED field, which is the date they receive the transaction for processing, but the DTUSER field, which is the date the user executed the transaction and which appears on the statements.

However, when I import the transactions.ofx file, the date showing up in my transactions are always the DTPOSTED date, which makes reconciliation with a statement a more complex process, as I have to edit practically every date.

Is there a secret to getting the File->Import menu action to use the DTUSER when it’s available?