MacOS 10.13.2 won't work with Gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 18 10:19:16 EST 2017

It is indeed complaining about the CPU. To be absolutely sure that that’s the problem, you can run
  file /Users/patriciamitchell/Desktop/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash-bin

in Terminal. Note the “-bin” on the end. For an Intel machine it should say "Mach-O executable i386”.

If it says "Mach-O executable ppc_7400” you downloaded the wrong one.

Regards,
John Ralls