Invoice with "nested" taxation.

Fabio Coatti fabio.coatti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 11:53:07 EST 2017

Hi all,
I'm starting, after a couple of years, to use again gnucash; however I have
still the same issue.
I tried to find a solution (see this thread: http://gnucash.
1415818.n4.nabble.com/Invoice-suggestion-tt4677059.html ) but I'm still
missing a bit to have it working.
Description of the situation:
regulations require that the invoice is composed in this way:
Description A - Amount A
Description B - Amount B

Then, when describing the taxes, the printout should be something like this:
TaxOne: C = 4%A+4%B (so far so good, no problems)
TaxTwo: D = 22%A+22%B+22%C (ouch! it needs the value C)
TaxThree: E = -(20%A+20%B) (ok, no problem also here)

e.g.:
Apples € 10
Wine € 20
=======
Sum: € 30
TaxOne(C): 1,20
SumOne: 31,20
TaxTwo(D): 6,86
SumTwo: 38,06
TaxThree(E): -6
TotalAmount: 32,06

IIRC the problem is that taxTwo, that needs to be recorded in a specific
account, is computed also using the value of taxOne (C). So I found no way to
address this, also looking at the scm templates, I think because of this
loophole. (or maybe I simply not understood the hints in above thread)

Is there a way to accomplish the computation and print the layout shown above?
If not, I can try to modify the code itself, in this case a suggestion on how
to start would be great.

Many thanks.

Of course, Tax[One,Two,Three] with values C,D,E respectively needs to go in
different accounts.

Even looking at the thread reported above, I can see no easy way to have the
three taxes on different accounts, as unfortunately the tax D is computed

--
Fabio