How To Stop GnuCash from Saying It Cannot Find a Specific File

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Feb 27 16:20:24 EST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, February 27, 2017 4:07 pm, Bored Accountant wrote:
> So I'm brand new to GnuCash. I created a test company in order to play
> around
> with GnuCash, and to see what features it offers as well as learn how to
> use
> it. Well, I no longer needed the test company, so I deleted the files
> directly from the folder where they were stored. Now, whenever I open
> GnuCash, I get an error message that says that "GnuCash cannot find file
> [insert filename here]". I take it I was supposed to delete the test file
> from within GnuCash itself? Well, now that I've deleted the file the
> "wrong"
> way, does anyone know how to get GnuCash to stop throwing the error
> message?

GnuCash always re-opens the last file it had open when you exited.
So...

Create a new data file, save, it, and then exit.  Then GnuCash will open
this new data file the next time.

OR, if you have another (older) file, File -> Open that and then exit.
Either way, you'll make a "real" file the "last opened file".

> Thank you for your help!
>
> -Dave

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745