Vanguard downloads

Andrew Gross biz.aeg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:05:35 EST 2017

Hello again,

I have been successful with initial tests in download Vanguard data into GC
via the QFX format and I have successfully setup an AQbanking connection to
Vanguard.  (Setting up a separate GC test bed has been a great help.)
 Ideally, I would like to download via OFX/Aqbanking into all my Vanguard
accounts but am thinking this violates how GnuCash works.  For example, if
I have a mutual fund account with x number of funds, Vanguard will want to
dump all transactions into one account instead of allowing for each fund to
go into a separate account.

But with a QFX download, I can specify which account to download and then
manually upload to the appropriate fund's account in GnuCash

Anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gross g