How To Stop GnuCash from Saying It Cannot Find a Specific File

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 03:40:39 EST 2017

On 1 March 2017 at 00:15, Bored Accountant
<ddoak at student.morainepark.edu> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote
>> I am sure they will not be at all concerned by being called lazy
>> whilst voluntarily giving up their leisure time to write free software
>> for you and the rest of us to use.
>
> That is precisely what I'm talking about. Whether or not it's free software
> should *not* be used as an excuse for poor programming. They should still do
> a good job whether it's GNU or proprietary, for-profit software.

Nobody is using it as an excuse.  When you say "they should still do a
good job" who exactly are you referring to? As I pointed out, the
developers that are now working on GC are not the ones that wrote the
code in the first place. So if you mean the original developers there
is no point bringing it up here. Anyone who works on GC knows that the
code is lamentably poorly designed in many areas, and this causes the
current developers no end of headaches.

That is not to say that I necessarily agree with your criticism of the
way it works at the moment anyway, others have been addressing that in
their contributions to this thread.

So, do you still think that the current developers are lazy?

Colin