Discover drops support for OFX

Bill Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:41:57 EST 2017

Hi all,

OFX still works for Discover, but they made some changes and apparently
now require a very specific request format, including the order and
content of headers.  I found a link  referred to here:
http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/4953-discover-downloads-stopped-working/page/5#comment_42109347

which points to a python script called pocketsense that is successfully
downloading the OFX files from Discover for me.  I then go to
File -> Import in GnuCash and it pulls them in to the account.

InfiniteKind apparently are the authors of a finance software called
MoneyDance, and they have just pushed an update that resolves this.
Lots of details on the order and content of headers required can be
found near the end of that thread.

Best regards,

Bill