Importing QIF files with multiple accounts w/o going through a transfer account

RianMonnahan rian.monnahan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 14:11:16 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to import a QIF file I converted from CSV. Here's the file:

Num Account Amount Dr  Amount Cr
999  9Dr        100.99
999  9Cr                             0.99
999  9Cr                         100.99

Actually, I have not trouble importing the transactions. They arrive in the
appropriate accounts but

1) the Dr and Cr seem to get reversed
2) they pqss though a transit account "unspecified"

I would like to load the lines as a single linked transaction. That means,
in this case, the 9Dr should be the transfer account for two 9Cr lines and
vice versa. I do NOT what a unspecified account in the middle.

Keep in mind this is a contrived test case. The real upload QIF files will
be mush more complicated with, say, one Dr line and multiple Cr lines going
to different accounts.

Any help with this would be much appreciated as it will save me hours of
manual input.

Regards,

Rian Monnahan