Bank/CC to Expense, diff currencies

Ken Runge kr at bell.net
Mon Mar 20 23:45:19 EDT 2017

Thanks for your input. Let me start by relating an experience from a
training session I attended many years ago. At that event one of our
group (me) was given a simple diagram and asked to describe it to the
others of the group such that, unseen by them, they could draw it. It
was a hopeless and utter failure! This is what is happening to me now. I
simply have no idea what you are saying.

_"Transfer" referes to the "Transfer Account".  In a basic register it's__
__the "other" account (to balance the transaction).  If you're in an__
__expanded transaction mode it referes to the account tied to the specific__
__split on that line."_

If I use the basic register and select the expense account and enter CND
amount as a debit on the single line of the register, the expense and
USD cc amounts are reversed.

_Is there any reason not to just convert the expense into your local__
__currency?_

And just how do I do that?

Thanks anyway