What's the best way to handle PayPal?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Mar 25 13:06:27 EDT 2017

On Saturday, 25 March 2017 16:32:29 GMT Chris Serella wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification. I did an import and ive logged the
> transactions in sales properly, but also in sales ive been adding the
> transfer to the bank account. From your response i assume this is wrong.

Hi Chris,

Follow the money.

Sale:
Income:Sales:Widgets -> Asset Paypal (and probably split Expenses:PaypalFees)

- some time passes - possibly minutes, possibly days -

Transfer to Bank account
Asset:Paypay  -> Asset:Bank:Current

It is possible to record this in one many-split transaction, if you have
paypal set to automatically transfer to your main bank account (don't even
konw if paypal lets you do that) - but KISS to start with and make it more
complicated later if you need to.

HTH,
Maf.