unable to install the gnucash update.....16 and .....15 no longer opens

Ken kblaine at neo.rr.com
Mon Mar 27 18:42:38 EDT 2017

Sorry if I am too unskilled but have been using gnucash for
several years and had no trouble doing the updates. I use
windows 10 and chrome.

But this update ......16 is not updating and I have lost the
ability to even open .......15.

All I get when I download the update is a dll file. What am
I supposed to do with that? Where should I put it? When I
try to open ....15 it says I do not have the correct dll.
There is no ......16 update that ever downloads. Just the
dll.

Help! All my accounting data is inaccessible.

I've spent an hour going through the FAQs but see no
applicable topic. And all this wiki stuff is not familiar to
me. I've emailed other "help" sources I stumbled across but
they tell me I am in the wrong place. If this is the wrong
place, then please send me a link that is the right place.

Thanks,
Ken Blaine