BUG Report GUI

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Mar 30 04:50:01 EDT 2017

On woensdag 29 maart 2017 21:20:55 CEST Chris Serella wrote:
> On 29/03/17 19:40, ppssupport at hotmail.com wrote:
> >     However, i become very anoying to see repeatively mails covering the
> >     same topic over and over again.
>
> You make a valid point, this is the same issue for pretty much any
> development team. Either a bug tracking system where the bugs get sent
> to for sorted, verified and then allocated. Or if the mailing list is
> the preferred choice of gnucash an entirely seperate mailing list. As it
> is we get to subscribe to a list but not specific list posts.

Ehm, we do have a separate bugtracker... [1] And you can subscribe to separate
bugs.

As I stated on my previous mail to Jeffrey, our mailing list is *not* for
tracking bugs. In fact if a bug is discovered in the course of a discussion we
*always* ask to report it in bugzilla. So if you want to track specific bugs,
that's the place to go, not the mailing list.

> One way to fine tune the mailing list (assuming nabble supports it)
> could be that each new post notifies all subscribers, I think this would
> be acceptable. and then the user can subscribe to posts that they have
> interest by say, a blank email being returned to the list (not all
> users). or on site, a subscribe post link.

I don't think mailman (the software running our mailing lists) supports this.
And as nabble is merely a frontend to our lists, it won't either.

Regards,

Geert

[1] Refer to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla to learn how to use
bugzilla