Compiling Gnucash 2.6.16 on Linux Mint 18.1

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 05:11:06 EDT 2017

If you're compiling software, I'll probably assume that a) you're of a technical inclination and b) there's some reason why you're compiling it as opposed to using a package.

However, in case you've missed the obvious, the getdeb repository has the latest version of gnucash and is only a few days behind the release typically.

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1. I have a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list which says
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps

Then its just a case of
apt-get update
apt-get install gnucash gnucash-docs

As a bonus, no need to recompile on every release ...

P.