GNUCASH

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:12:20 EDT 2017

Hi Bob,

Am 29.03.2017 um 19:37 schrieb Bob Lehmann:
> Good Morning, Frank:
>
> I am Bob, a long time "Money Counts" user ... for the last number of years
> I kept an old XP windows computer on my desk so I could track and manage my
> finances, because the program would not run on newer windows programs.
> Recently that old XP has been nothing but trouble ... I bought Quicken and
> Sageto use in Widows 10 but found nothing that would adequately meet my
> needs.  Now, about a month ago, quite by accident, I discovered GNUCASH and
> downloaded and installed it onto my computer.  Very quickly, I became quite
> comfortable with it and printed your user manual which has helped me a
> lot.  I have entered four months worth of transactions and everything has
> balanced just fine.  I am now hoping that I can avail myself of the
> scheduled transaction featured ... but it is here that I seem to be in
> trouble.  Would you be willing and able to email me some simple directions
> to enable me to enter a years worth of monthly repeat expenses and income
> figures?

Unfortunately I have at present not much time. At first you should read
http://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-help/trans-sched.html .

Then you mihgt subscribe to
and ask your remaining questions on that list.

> [I got your email address from the back of the GNUCash Manual]

Which version are you using? The latest stable is 2.6.16.
I thought, we replaced all personal email addresses by that of the lists.

> ... I sincerely appreciate your program and look forward to your help in
> this matter. ... i.e. I got several entered, some are duplicated, etc.  I
> cannot seem to delete unwanted double entries either and some do not seem
> to enter for me either ...] Thank you ...
>
> Bob

Regards
Frank