Drop Down Selection List in Description?

Jack Slater theilliniguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 13:57:10 EDT 2018

I see the capability in the Action Field and the Transfer Field. It would
be helpful if same existed in the Description Field. I looked in Register
Preferences but didn't see an option looking like that.

I know in the Quicken world, a file was created with new entries and this
"remembered list" was handy to select correct entries when human memory
failed.

An example might look like:

Illini
Illinois Dept of Revenue
Illinois Secretary of State
Illinois State Fair

Maybe this does exist and I can't find it. I realize there is some type of
"memory" occurring because I can enter "Illi" and GnuCash does pop up the
most recent entry starting with "Illi".

Jack Slater