[GNC] Order of transactions

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Mar 7 11:57:13 EST 2019

Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> writes:

> Lisa,
>
> I will add to David’s advice that you can use the NUM field other than
> a simple 1,2,3,4...
>
> You might, for example, need or want to keep an actual transaction
> number with the transaction.
>
> For that case, you can put the real transaction number in the Action
> or Memo field of the split.

There really is no need to do this.  The Number field is a string-entry,
it will let you input anything you want.  The SORTING mechanism from the
Num field is a NUMERIC sort; it effectively performs the C-function call
atoi() on the contents.  This means you could do something like:

1.16274
2.0023
3.172323

And it will sort based on the 1, 2, 3.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745