[GNC] envelope method, equity sub-accounts, cash vs. hybrid vs. accrual accounting

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 14 00:21:05 EDT 2020

Peter,

There is a checkbox at the beginning of reconciliation to 'include
sub-accounts'. That should make it easy.

GnuCash reconciliation is not scary. You simply enter your statement
date and ending balance, then check off each transaction as you match
them up to your statement. When everything is checked off, the
difference between actual ending and expected ending balance should be
zero. If not, something needs investigation, or a balancing(correcting)
transaction is in order.

When you get to the window to check off transactions, anything already
marked 'cleared' will be checked off for you, so the process will go
rather quickly.

Regards,
Adrien