[GNC] Cursor Focus on Wrong Tab

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:41:56 EDT 2020

Hi David T.,

I seem to recall your original email but at the time I was unsure if what I
was seeing was the same issue and it seems to have gone away anyway, but
maybe it is the same thing :-)

My issue was that I was seeing the odd blank transaction in my savings
account register, coincidentally the register that is always next to the
accounts tab.  Additionally I used to have an issue with duplicating
transactions where the transaction was duplicated ok with today's date but
it seemed to be locked and I couldn't just tab across to update the
amount.  I probably tried both tabbing and hitting enter - perhaps that
created the blank transaction, who knows. I used to have to click on a
different transaction and then come back to the duplicate transaction to
update it for some reason so I was wondering if this was connected to the
blank transaction in some way.  Howsomever these little annoyances seem to
have gone away.  I'm pretty quick to update as soon as a new version comes
out and am currently running the latest test version (3.905) on Win 10, Win
7, MacOS Catalina.  I vaguely recall seeing a blank transaction as recently
as a couple of weeks ago which would have been on version 3.10 when I
opened gnucash on a pc I hadn't used for awhile.

I'm using Gnucash on multiple pc's - Win 7, Win 10, MacOS Catalina (x2),
Ubuntu Linux 20.04 and using dropbox to synchronise the file between
platforms.  My workflow consists of generally having 6 registers open in
addition to the accounts tab and I usually update a single register at a
time from right to left and normally always scroll down after updating each
register so the date in the blank transaction is highlighted when I tab to
the next register if it matters :-)

As I said I haven't seen one of these blank transactions for a while so
they may have gone away altogether.

What version of gnucash are you using and what os ?

Cheers David H.