[GNC] is there a transaction limit on converting xml to mysql

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:34:31 EDT 2020

This is just a guess, based upon other things I've seen in the past, but I
seem to recall that in some versions of GnuCash there was a problem with the
format of dates? Maybe the large file you're trying to process has some
dates that are in a format that conflicts with what MySQL is expecting.
You might search the archives of this forum for discussions pertaining to
MySQL. Perhaps someone else has had similar problems. If my date format
guess (it's a huge guess, actually) is right, you might try opening the file
in question and changing the date format to something else, like ISO. I
don't know if that causes any sort of "fixing", but it's a shot.
I'm surprised there isn't some sort of log file being generated, but
probably when you kill the process it never gets the chance to write any
such output. You might have to search a bit to find out what to do to turn
on debugging before you make another attempt. I believe that will provide
lots of data as to what is going on. Here's the Wiki bit about that:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile
My guesses are feeble, but maybe they'll help at least a bit?
Good luck.

-----
Ken Farley