[GNC] Best way to Auto Sync GC Checking Transactions with the Bank?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:36:42 EDT 2020

Regarding import/update frequency, I would personally shoot for a
periodicity that generates a reasonably small number of transactions at a
time to handle in ten or fifteen minutes max, as that is when I start to
get careless in matching.  That could mean daily for some users, or about a
week or two for me.

To Fran_3's second point, I think the import matcher does consider
descriptions and source accounts and perhaps more since the major update to
the process in the release 3.x series.   I believe it now works equally
well for CSV imports as well as QFX/OFX or QIF imports.  It may still be
weak when values are similar or identical, but I don't see very much of
that in my case. In any case it is essential to do the matching during the
import process in order to train the matcher, as that is the only time that
any training happens.

On the third point, if there is any way to avoid purely graphical steps
like using MS Paint that should help, if outside assistance cannot be
completely eliminated.  I do know that it is surprising how adept
LibreOffice Calc is at converting information to spreadsheets when it is
used to open PDF files, for example.

That's my two cents. 😃

David Carlson