[GNC] Changing registers in the middle of entering or editing a transaction

R Losey rlosey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 11:19:57 EST 2022

There are times when I want to check the accounts list in the middle of
entering a transaction, and I have occasionally (to verify amounts) wanted
to check with another register. I'd be okay with the change below as long
as there were three, not two choices: 1) Save changes 2) Discard the
transaction in progress 3) Continue with the register change.

As an example of changing: when dealing with investments via brokerage
accounts, there is typically a "sweep" fund that holds the cash in the
account. When a purchase is made, the funds are normally taken out of the
sweep account within a few business days. However, I will usually go ahead
and enter the sweep transaction early, and I will swap to the register with
the purchase transaction to make sure I enter the amount properly.