[GNC] how to put loan downpayments in budgets

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:05:07 EDT 2022

Karin
It is not an expense but a liability. When you open the Budget you can expand
the liability accounts and enter budget amounts against the liability account
for the loan/mortgage at the period the  payments are due. If necessary you can
change the budget interval to suit.

A reduction in the balance of a liability account is a debit to it and a credit
to your bank account just as when you enter an expense the increase in expenses
is recorded as a debit and credit to the bank account.

David Cousens