[GNC] Creating/Modifying a Budget Report

Abe Sternberg abe.h.sternberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:07:40 EDT 2022

I have been using GnuCash for about a year and am not a very
sophisticated user.  I am the treasurer for a very small non-profit, and
the "standard family bank account" approach has worked just fine.  Now,
I find that I would like to add keeping our budget performance on GnuCash.

I have set up the budget, which is working fine, the challenge is that
the included budget reports are inadequate, and I would like to change
them or create my own.  I spent all of yesterday wondering around
GnuCash on the I-net and only found references to programming my reports
in either Scheme, eguile, or guile.  All the preceding are Linux based
languages and not Windows.  I am not a programmer, and all the
descriptions I read just boggled my mind.

Can anyone out there shed some light on this, all I want to do is a
report modification which should be a built-in for GnuCash?

Thanks,
Abe