[GNC] Accounting period on a per-file basis?

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 10:06:34 EDT 2023

On 8/5/2023 5:34 PM, Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) wrote:
> My own accounting period is the calendar year, but a nonprofit I'm
> keeping books for uses a fiscal year ending July 31st. Accounting period
> seems to be a per-user setting, not a per-book setting. Is there
> actually a way to have different accounting periods for different books.
> (Yes, I know I could create another Windows user, but that s4ems like a
> lot of overhead.)

Also, as a temporary work around, keep in mind that "accounting period"
is in effect a short cut. You can use gnucash without reference to
accounting period by assigning specific effective dates to reports, etc.
In other words, if you like being able to reference relative to current
accounting period, you might use that for your own books but explicit
date specification for the non-profit. Since at one time I was keeping
books for several non-profits, a more obvious solution for me.

Michael D Novack