[GNC] Today's search....for .lck

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Aug 7 12:44:01 EDT 2023

On Monday, 7 August 2023 16:03:22 BST Mahon Finbar via gnucash-user wrote:

> You can see why I am confused and very worried that I have lost all the
> recent data.

You probably haven't lost work, at least not before the last successful
save..... the problem comes in finding the work you've done.

Can you sort your directory of files in a date order..... not filename or GC
timestamps, but the "date last modified" or something similar?

The "most recently saved file" will be the point where GC stopped working for
whatever reason, that we still need to get to the bottom of, once you have a
useable datafile to hand.

This thread does seem to be all over the place with various issues at the
moment!

HTH,
Maf.