[GNC] GNU Cash for Android

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 16 15:37:30 EDT 2023

On 2023-08-16 11:01, Paras Desai wrote:

> I looked for Android fork for GC and was presented with two apps
> 1. GNU Cash
> 2. GNU cash mobile.
> I think they are independent and not connected with GC ORG.

That's my understanding too.

> However, I just wish to understand if I use any of the two  android app just for basic day to expense posting, sync with say.. gdrive. And on desktop, if I access the file from gdrive folder (synced), then my account stays in sync. Is this possible with kind of GNU cash file structure.?

Frankly, I wouldn't risk it. In fact, I _didn't_ risk it. I looked at
one of them a couple of years ago and decided I didn't want to take the
risk of database corruption.

If you need to take notes during the day, using your phone, it's easy to
just text yourself.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com/