[GNC] Finance::Quote - AlphaVantage Trade Currencies

Kaligula kaligula.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:34:55 EDT 2023

Hi,

(Sorry being late here, I'm not watching gnucash-user mailing list).

In general the suffix idea looks like a nice workaround – but I'd like
to throw in my two cents.

1) There are securities like these ETFs: MVOL.L or ISLN.L – they are
traded in USD.

2) If the suffix idea get implemented, wouldn't it be better to set the
suffix to ".GBX" or ".GBp"? (or any?) It would give the idea of what it
is for.

So maybe a general solution in case of AV module pricing errors – a
".???" suffix (to any ticker, not only LSE ones) where the "???" is the
currency that the security is traded in? (Or even better with a ":???"
suffix, to avoid confusion with stock exchange suffixes). This would
allow the user to inform the AV module about changes in default currency
– e.g. "GBP.L:GPX" or "MVOL.L:USD".

Best regards,
Kaligula