[GNC] GnuCash preferred OS - Windows or Linux

Ben Kamen ben at benkamen.net
Thu Jul 27 04:14:07 EDT 2023

On 7/26/23 7:55 AM, Mark at Lorimark wrote:
> I am a staunch Linux user, and came from the Quickbooks world as well. I am running a very small database, but have it in the sqlite, since that (for me) is very easy to work inside of if i need to poke around in the database (which I do).

Which version of Linux? And are you compiling or running flatpak or distro supplied versions?

> I much prefer the 'double entry' approach to things rather than the bubble wrapped QB environment

I always worry about missing something somewhere.

> and yes QB is getting expensive!

It's irritating as the pricing jump is so obviously designed to push users to their web product and it's just gobsmacking that anyone at a financial software company would think it's a good idea to put one's financial life onto cloud services. (whether personal or company/business)

And then there's Intuit. Go figure.

Insane.

> I can't imagine any functional difference between any of the platforms as it pertains to GnuCash.

Yea, I just have to keep plugging at it to figure out how to make everything work for me.

Thanks,

  -Ben