[GNC] File locked ?

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:59:48 EST 2023

Tim,

Go to the directory your data file is located in. There should be a file with
the same name as the data file but with a".LCK" file extension. If there is if
you delete it you should be able to open the main daya file. The other
possibility is that your username does not have the permissions necessary to
open the file in that location, particularly if you have it in a location which
can be opened by multiple user's. If another user has previously opened the file
you may have to login as that user to delete thelogfile (or as an
administrator). The ".LCK" file is to prevent the data file being opened
simulataneously by more than a single user.

David Cousens