[GNC] Yahoo JSON - throwing unauthorized error

John Layman john.layman at laymanandlayman.com
Mon May 8 15:18:40 EDT 2023

I used to get prices from Alphavantage but switched to Yahoo JSON somewhere along the line.  My recent switch back to Alphavantage was a failure until I brought F::Q up to date.  It's slow for the 40 quotes I routinely fetch, but I think I need to re-acclimate to the slowness.  It appears to me that Yahoo has intended all along to fully monetize their service and the loopholes are just oversight on their part.  So I am giving up on Yahoo as a source.

I do however daily download prices into Excel using the new financial market information data type of Microsoft 365.  It's just a trial, and I am invested in a rather new American bond fund whose ticker goes unrecognized, but it might ultimately provide a means of putting together an alternative method of importing quotes.