[GNC] linking pre-existing assets with liabilities

AP gnucash at inml.grue.cc
Thu Nov 16 19:19:01 EST 2023

Hi,

My searching is failing me so I thought I'd ask.

I am importing my bank statements into my bank Assets account in gnucash. I
would like to link those withdrawals with bills I have created in my A/Payable
Liabilities account.

The hassle is when I hit pay it creates a manual entry for me. I don't want
that. I would like to link that to the entry generated from my bank import
that corresponds to the payment that was made.

Is there a way to do this so that I can remove the "unpaid" tag from the bill
and keep the accounts appropriately balanced?

Thanks,
Andrew