[GNC] Editable and Non-Editable Transactions in the same register

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Nov 20 18:06:35 EST 2023

Mark,

Business Feature transactions in the AP/AR registers cannot be edited.
They are immutable via normal means.

Manual transactions in those registers can be edited.

The correct way to edit an invoice/bill is to unpost, edit, repost.

If the payment is already linked and simple (applying to only one
document) GnuCash will try to re-link it automatically.

The correct way to edit a payment transaction is to right-click and
choose 'Edit Payment'.

Otherwise, there is a 'read-only' threshold for all transactions if you
like, but it is rather limited in how it is set.

Regards,
Adrien