[GNC] GnuCash_user: rounding errors and significant digits

Bruce McCoy email_bnj_now at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 15:39:40 EDT 2023

Hi Everyone,

OnSat, Oct 7 at 1:25 PM David Carlson wrote:

 >Howmany times must you bring up the same

 >non-point?

Youare right in that I am addressing a community of people who areinterested in and actively developing GnuCash. As a community, youuse GnuCash and tolerate some of its shortcomings, while improvingthe program. From that perspective, this issue may seem to be anon-point. It certainly is a small point. GnuCash has developed a lotsince 2000. As GnuCash continues to develop, the major points willhave been all, in general, decided. Until resolved, unresolved pointswill remain.

 >Manypeople have explained how arithmetic works,

AndI appreciate their expertise, but that does not address the questionat hand.

 >JohnRalls has explained how GnuCash works.

Johnhas done excellent work in developing GnuCash and has, graciously, ashave you all, helped me understand GnuCash better. These are justsigns of how nice you all are.

 >Doyou really think you're going to get a

 >differentanswer the N+1st time you post?

IfI have missed it, please help me. I do not remember getting an answerto the question “What are the plans to help our users whose booksare out of balance by a cent or so?”