[GNC] OFX Import Mappings

Rob LaRose rmlarose at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 10:36:06 EDT 2023

Per Kalpesh's suggestion, I deleted the online mapping for the fund that
has been importing incorrectly.
I removed the incorrect transaction to make GC think that this transaction
was new again and re-imported the QFX file that had caused the incorrectly
mapped transaction to be created.

As expected, GC did ask for the target account for this 'new' transaction,
but did not ask for the income account.
The result was a transaction in the desired account but with the income
source still being the inactive, placeholder account.

So my questions are:
How does GC map the income account to the asset account?
How do I change or delete the mapping so that I can map it to the proper
location?

It's also interesting that GC allowed the entry into the placeholder
account, but the new transaction didn't have an effect on the account
balance.