[GNC] Residual Processes After Closing GnuCash

Paul Kroitor paul at kroitor.ca
Mon Oct 16 09:31:10 EDT 2023

I initially reported this in the development list but am told it should be
here instead (sorry!).

On Win 11 every time I open then close GnuCash, another process called
"GnuCash Program File (32-bit)" remains in the task manager's process list
(i.e. five executions results in five zombie processes).

This started in 5.1 and I was told that it was a known issue from 5.1
through 5.3, fixed in 5.4, but I am definitely running 5.4 (from a file
called gnucash-5.4-1.setup from a file downloaded Oct 15th), and the issue
persists. Rebooting or killing the processes solves the immediate issue but
the behaviour remains.

Thanks as always,

Paul