[GNC] I need basic help

Alan Johnson alan at argentwolf.org
Wed Oct 18 14:57:14 EDT 2023

You need to assign each CC transaction to an expense account. E.g. McDonalds is "dining".

When you pay down your CC, you make a transfer from you checking (or cash/etc) to the cc account.

The expense categories will allow you to run reports and see what you are spending your money on.

Your checking / cash is an asset. Your CC is a liability (something that you owe).

Go into the credit card account register and assign expense categories to all transactions that are assigned to imbalance.

The imbalance account should be empty. If it's not, then something is not assigned properly.

Hope this helps.