[GNC] Forgotten Splits

Phyllis Bruce pobruce46 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:34:26 EDT 2024

Just wanting to vent for a moment.  I have my income with multiple splits
in gnucash.  Works fine for a while but when they change, gnucash forgets
the new splits and the old ones.  I don't typically open the imported
transactions but noticed some missing from another account and I have three
months of splits to recreate.  bummer!

Something I've noticed in the import and reconciliation is that I spend
time verifying some items before hitting finish. (what did I purchase on
Amazon for X$?) However, then I have to look them up again to enter the
info into my register.
Has anyone found a better way to do this?  Should I import the transactions
and just be sure I have zero variance?  Then deal with my notations?

Thanks for you thoughts
Phyllis B