[GNC] GNUCash 5.5

Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) stan+gc at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 6 20:30:43 EST 2024

On 2024-02-06 16:51, accounting Billing wrote:
> From: accounting Billing <accounting at rapidroutelogistics.com>
> Date: Tue, Feb 6, 2024, 3:00 PM
> Subject: GNUCash 5.5
> To: <goodchris96 at gmail.com>, <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us>, <
> christopher.lck at gmail.com>
>
> We are willing to use GnuCash for our business accounting, But we are
> facing some issues.
>
> When I try to add any transactions. It is not showing on the Accounts
> Total numbers.
>
> When I try to put a transaction on the list, It is not showing on the main
> page.

You debited and credited Equity:Opening Balances for the same amount, so
the net is zero, just as your attachment shows.  I don't understand the
context of the I/O error; possibly the @ signs in your disk names are a
problem.

Before you go further, may I strongly, strongly suggest that you read
the Tutorial and Concepts Guide and actually work through the examples
that are relevant to your particular situation.
<https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=5&lang=C&doc=guide>

At bottom, GnuCash is just a computer replacement for keeping books of
account in pen and ink. However, it has its own special ways of doing
things, and if you don't use the techniques as shown in the examples,
results will not be as you expect and you'll get immensely frustrated.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com