[GNC] End of Year?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jan 13 19:16:15 EST 2024

That would be the case at first glance, but see my reply up the chain
concerning correcting entries and usual procedures when starting with
fresh books each year.

I'd hazard that with Pen & Paper, Reconciliation is *not* necessarily a
function of the T-Accounts or General Journal. That is something done
independently that happens to now be rolled into GnuCash along with
everything else. Thus, it likely wouldn't even be a consideration.

Folks trying to imitate Pen & Paper using a computer are always going to
have to adjust their workflow or make concessions for the difference in
formats. This is true no matter the task at hand, or the software used,
and is true of things not even accounting related at all.

I'm glad GnuCash gives the choice. Some software forces you to do what
*it* wants.

Regards,
Adrien