[GNC] Deferred Income

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 15 14:07:23 EST 2024

I'm not familiar with the use case, but if you want income to 'go up'
that is, show you received it, then it should be a credit.

I'll hazard a guess that since you have a 'Taxable' account, which you
are supposed to show receipt of income, then that one should be a credit.

If the Deferred Income account is truly the other side of that income
recognition, then it should be a debit. (and shouldn't be marked taxable
as it is for tracking what you deferred, and is no longer deferred -
you've moved it from deferred to realized.)

Note, that's just basic accounting with respect to Income type accounts.
Get official advice though.

Regards,
Adrien